I have decided to take on a commission for a friend. It’s a limited edition version of Elara that was available as a reward in some sort of Kickstarter that Privateer Press ran.
The model is coming along nicely and given it’s a pretty simple colour scheme should be done soon!
It’s been a while since I’ve got anything up on the website so I thought I’d better show off a recent paint job!
This was a fun model I painted up primarily to sell but I entered it in a local competition and it managed to take home a silver.
I finally finished of this force. Overall it was a fun project that has gotten me back in to working on larger armies (well larger than my usual projects anyway…). Now I’ll just have to see if anyone wants it!
Launching in to another project once again, this time an entry for a competition!
MassiveVoodoo are running a mad max themes car competition so I thought I’d better jump on board, nothing like a competition to push me to up my painting/modelling skills.
So far I’ve got the basic car fully assembled and have started some basic conversion work. I’ve also pulled out a pile of bits that I’m going to use to convert it up. Next step will be a trip to the hobby store to get some more jerry cans/misc bits and then it’ll be on to conversions and basically beating the heck out of the thing to make it look like it’s been to hell and back. Should be a lot of fun!
Here’s the first few hours of work I’ve put in to a force of Stormiest Eternals that I’m going to be working on for the next few days. Just the contents of the starter box that I’m going to speed through for the tabletop, should be fun!
After about 2 hours of assembly and prep I’ve got the force all together and partially primed. I began with the models off the bases, primed their undersides black, scraped the primer off the underside of their feet and then glued them to the base. This ensures I have primer in all the little underside details which is important as I will be using the black primer as a shade colour in the recesses.
I use Agrellan Earth to kick off the texture on the bases, I just dollop it thickly in a few spots on the bases…
You can see the results here, some nice crackled texture!
Next I move on the the grit/dirt effect for which I use texture paste.
Again I just gloop in on everywhere and allow it to dry. It gives a fine texture which is the dirt/dessert effect I am going for.
Then Everything gets a second coat of primer from above which finishes the prep work and means the models are ready for paint! I let them sit overnight to ensure everything is dry before commencing.
First paint is a classic… Good ole Tin Bitz…
This is a heavy dry brush used over all of the models.
Unfortunately I don’t have any further progress shots getting to this stage however it’s just a lot of dry brushing to bring the gold up and then some basecoats I threw down in a hurry, nothing to special…
And that is were we are at for the moment, more progress soon!!!
Just finished a couple of Xwing repaints, hadn’t worked on any of these models before so It’s been an interesting change of pace! I’ve got a couple more in the mail so I’ll have some more on the way soon!
Hey All! It’s been a while…
Unfortunately I’ve had to have a couple of months away from the world of painting due to a fractured wrist oh joy…
Now I am back with a vengeance however with a bunch of models completed and a pile of articles in the works so be sure to watch this space and in the meantime, here’s a look at 2 of my recent completions!